To operate broadcast captioning software to add closed captions to RNN taped programming. This is an entry-level position for a highly organized and motivated individual.
· Multi-task (hear audio, voice what was heard, proof-read developing captions - all simultaneously).
· Utilize a keyboard by typing proper corrections and other words as necessary.
· Maintain Closed Captioning Center quality standards for accuracy and speed within Broadcast Specifications.
· Work specified on-call schedule, in addition to regular schedule.
· Must be punctual, dependable, flexible and possess a team attitude and willingness to adapt to last-minute changes to programming and industry that runs 24/7/365.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Qualified candidate will have a clear speaking voice, some voice training or speaking experience helpful.
· Operate a real-time voice captioning system and associated technical equipment to perform real-time English caption of live programs.
· Knowledge of CPC Captioning Software highly desirable
· Excellent knowledge of English grammar, syntax and pronunciation. Steno or related field helpful.
· Prior experience working for a television news station, daily newspaper or in an on-line news environment a plus.
· Good computer skills.
· High school diploma or equivalent (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
· Ability to work flexible shifts (Weekends, late day)
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org